Chilli and Lime Halal Steak Fajitas
This recipe for chilli and lime halal steak fajitas is full of flavour! Try it with your halal steak for an easy mid-week dinner that everyone in the family will love.
What you need…
- 2 pcs 8oz Halalnivore Halal Rump Steak
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¾ tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tsp table salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 capsicums of different colours: red, yellow and green, deseeded and sliced into long strips
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 avocados sliced
- 8 flour or whole wheat tortillas
- Extra parsley leaves to garnish
- Sour cream to serve
How to make it…
- Whisk the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Use half the marinade to marinade the steak for an hour at room temperature (or in the refrigerator for at least 2-4 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minute prior to cooking.) Keep aside the unused marinade in the fridge to use later.
- Put about 1 teaspoon of oil in a grill pan over medium to high heat and grill the halal steak on each side. We recommend about 4 minutes each side for medium-rare. Once cooked, wrap in kitchen foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Wipe down the pan with kitchen paper and add another teaspoon of oil. Fry the sliced onions and capsicums. Add salt and pepper, half of the marinade you kept aside and continue frying it is all cooked to your liking.
- Slice the steak against the grain into thin ribbons.
- Warm up your tortillas and extra parsley leaves, sour cream, sliced avocado, and add the remaining marinade over the steak slices, capsicums and onions.
Halalnivore delivers gourmet quality halal meat to your door, every Thursday, nationwide in the UK! Have a look at some of our gourmet boxes and give our halal meat service a try today.