Coffee Rubbed Halal Ribeye Steak
Coffee is our best friend in the morning at Halalnivore HQ. We can't even operate without that caffeine coursing through our body! So this Monday morning we had a light bulb moment - if we love coffee so much and we love steak also, why not put the two together? Of course, we added some other things to the mix and made a well rounded rub for our halal steaks. This rub creates a mouth-watering, sweet and smoky crust that seals in the juices and keeps the halal beef tender.
It's easy, and uses things you can find easily in your kitchen. Give it a go and let us know how it tasted! :-)
What you need:
- 4 x Halalnivore halal ribeye steaks
- ¼ cup ground coffee or instant espresso
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Place ribeyes on a platter and set aside. Remember to
- In a small bowl, mix together coffee rub with a small fork until spices are evenly incorporated with the coffee and sugar. Rub mixture evenly on all sides of the ribeyes and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat grill on high heat. Grill 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare or longer if you desire. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- And FINALLY, it’s time for the steak to rest for about 10 minutes. This allows the flavours to merge and the juices settle giving you a succulent steak.