Soul food satisfies the whole family. Here's a single tray halal sausage bake that is easy and effortless for a great hearty meal for the whole family. The meat halal sausages combined with the crispy potatoes and roasted tomatoes bring a wholesome flavour. The cheese provides just that little bit extra goodness!
What you need:
- 700g Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 packs halal sausages
- 6 small shallots, halved (can use 1 or 2 red onions as alternative!)
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 100g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for just 6 minutes. Drain really well.
- Pour the olive oil into a roasting tin and heat in the oven for a few minutes. Add the drained potatoes to the oil and mix in well, adding the sausages, shallots, chilli flakes and thyme leaves. Return to the oven and roast for 30 minutes until the potatoes and the sausages are golden, turning the halal sausages once during cooking.
- Scatter over the tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes then sprinkle in the cheese and cook for just a few minutes until melted. Scatter the chives and toasted pine nuts over the top and serve immediately.
Serve and enjoy!
Follow us on our social media platforms for promos, discounts and amazing cooking ideas: