Periperi Halal Chicken Quesadillas
You might be wondering, "do I even NEED a recipe for halal marinaded chicken quesadillas?" We think once you try this one, you'll be convinced that you only need one. It's got the perfect blend of cheeses, flavourful sautéed veggies, and lots of hearty fillings that take the quesadilla a healthy, rounded meal.
What you need:
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pack of Halalnivore marinaded halal chicken (any of the 3 great flavours!)
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 200 g grated cheddar
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Sour cream, for serving
How to make it:
- Peel the top of the film off the halal marinaded chicken foil tray and place straight into the oven for around 15/20 minutes at 180c. (Ovens temperatures may vary so make sure the chicken is piping hot and cooked through before serving). Once cooked cut into small strips.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add peppers and onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 flour tortilla to your frying pan and top half of the tortilla with a heavy sprinkling of cheese, cooked chicken, pepper-onion mixture, a few slices of avocado, and spring onions. Fold the other half of the tortilla over and cook, flipping once, until golden, 3 minutes per side. Repeat to make 4 quesadillas.
- Slice into wedges and serve with sour cream and a squeeze of lime.
Serve and enjoy!
Follow us on our social media platforms for promos, discounts and amazing cooking ideas: