Halal Steak, Halal Beef Bacon and Mushrooms. Need we say more? This is a wholesome steak dish that is easy and flavourful. The tender halal fillet steak coupled with the cure halal beef bacon gives this a great savoury flavour. The Ginger ale in the mushroom sauce provides that slight sweet taste to balance the flavours perfectly.
What you need:
- 2 strips of halal beef bacon
- 2 halal fillet steaks (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup diet ginger ale
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
How to make it:
- In a small griddle pan, cook the halal beef bacon over a low to medium heat. Do not crisp the bacon but partially cook it. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Preheat oven to 190c. Sprinkle the halal fillet steaks with salt and pepper; wrap a strip of bacon around the sides of each steak and secure with toothpicks.
- In a small ovenproof griddle pan coated with cooking spray, cook steaks in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat 3/4 minutes on each side.
- Bake the halal steaks in the preheated oven, uncovered, 8-12 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in a large griddle pan, saute the mushrooms and thyme in 1 tablespoon butter and remaining oil until tender; remove from heat. Stir in ginger ale, brown sugar, soy sauce and sage. Keep stirring to loosen browned bits from pan for a more flavourful sauce
- Bring the mushroom sauce to a boil then Reduce the heat to a simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in the remaining butter. Serve with steaks.
Send us your photos and videos and we'll feature them on our social media platforms. We love to see what our customers have cooked and eaten :-)
Follow us on our social media platforms for promos, discounts and amazing cooking ideas: