Halal Beef Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich
When you want a sandwich that will rock the house try this Halal Beef Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese. Quick, easy, tasty and very very cheesy...Just make sure you make enough for seconds!
What you need:
- 4 slices of sourdough bread thickly sliced from a wide loaf.
- 200g thick cut cheddar cheese slices
- 50g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 packs of halal beef pepperoni
- 50g of pizza sauce
- 100g unsalted butter melted
How to make it:
- Start building your sandwiches by placing four slices of sourdough bread on the counter. Cover each slice of bread with a total of 4 cheese slices on each slice of bread. ( 2 to cover the bread, and two deep)
- Place slices of the halal beef pepperoni on top of the cheddar cheese on each of the bottom slices of the sourdough. Try and cover all the cheese
- Spread about 30g of pizza sauce on top of the pepperoni on each sandwich.
- Place half the mozzarella on top of the pizza sauce on each sandwich.
- Top the two finished sandwiches halves, with the other piece of sourdough that you have cheese already on, with the cheese facing the pepperoni (You should have a total of 8 slices of cheese on each sandwich, 4 on the bottom and 4 on the top)
- Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat, then using a pastry brush, brush one side of each of the sandwiches liberally with the melted butter.
- Heat your pan on the stove top until it is hot enough to toast the bread.
Place the buttered side down on the pan.
- Turn heat down to medium, and cover the sandwich with a pot lid to keep the heat in and help the cheese to melt. After about 3-4 minutes check the bread on the pan to see how the colour is. It should be toasted a dark golden brown.
- Brush butter on the side that is up, then turn it over to repeat the process of toasting the bread. (Use the pot lid again to help melt the cheese) After 3-4 minutes check that side, to see how the colour is.
- If the cheese is not fully melted, turn the heat down to low and keep the lid covering the sandwich until the cheese has melted. Just be careful not to burn the bread.
- Place sandwich on plate, cut in half, serve and enjoy!
Send us your photos and videos and we'll feature them on our social media platforms. We love to see what our customers have cooked and eaten :-)
Follow us on our social media platforms for promos, discounts and amazing cooking ideas: