Try this halal fillet steak recipe with a mushroom sauce that is full of flavour. Serve with mash potatoes or chips for an indulgent, quick and tasty mid week halal steak dinner treat!
What you need:
- 2 Halal Fillet Steaks
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon HP steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, optional
How to make it:
- Place a large skillet coated with some olive oil and some butter over medium-high heat; brown steaks on both sides. Remove from pan
- Add mushrooms and vegetable stock to pan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, 7-10 minutes. Mix flour with a bit of cold water until smooth; stir into pan. Stir in all remaining ingredients except chives; bring to a boil.
- Return steaks to pan; cook, uncovered, until meat reaches desired doneness 1-2 minutes per side.
- If desired, sprinkle with chives.
Follow us on our social media platforms for promos, discounts and amazing cooking ideas: