HALAL SURF AND TURF
Grilled Halal Steak & Shrimp slathered in garlic butter makes for the BEST steak recipe! You can make your version of Surf And Turf right at home!
An incredible easy to make gourmet halal steak dinner that tastes like something out of a restaurant! Garlic Butter Grilled Steak & Shrimp recipe is ready on the table in less than 15 minutes. Easy to make and PERFECT for the barbecue, or grill inside using a grill pan!
What you need:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Halalnivore 8oz Halal Rump Steaks
- Salt and pepper
- 250 g shrimp deveined, tails on or off
How to make it:
- Mix together butter, garlic and fresh chopped parsley. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large grill over high heat. Lightly grease grill plates with oil. Pat steaks dry with paper towel. Brush lightly with oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks for 4-5 minutes each side until browned and cooked to desired doneness. Spread half of the butter all over of steaks. Transfer steaks to a warm plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While steaks are resting, melt remaining butter. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and grill your shrimp for 5-6 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of your shrimp. Flip each one halfway through cook time and continue cooking until they turn nice and pink in colour while white and opaque on the inside.
- Toss remaining butter through shrimp and serve with steak!
Tips for Perfect Grilled Halal SteakSet up the grill pan — at least 15 minutes before you start grilling. Start with a clean grill pan prevent steaks from sticking when flipping.
Preheat grill pan — Your grill pan needs to be HOT! At least 230°C to get a good sear and crispy edges. Find the hottest areas by carefully and slowly waving your hand 6 inches above the grill plates.
Lightly oil — Using tongs, lightly grease grill pan with a folded paper towel dipped in oil.
Pat halal steaks dry — Let your steaks sit out at room temperature for 15 minutes, then pat dry with paper towel to ensure the perfect sear. Season with salt and pepper, plus anything else you like: paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, etc.
Flip with tongs — Use a pair of tongs instead of a fork to avoid piercing holes in the halal meat and releasing crucial juices. Flip only once during cook time to give it time to form a beautiful crust. You’ll know the steaks ready when they easily lift off the grill.
Slather with garlic butter — the BEST part about this recipe. You can grill your steaks AND have delicious melted garlic butter running down them, infusing them with so.much.flavour. You’re going to use half here, saving the rest for your shrimp.
Rest — Allow steaks to rest for a good 5 minutes before slicing to let the juices settle before serving.
While steaks are resting, grill your shrimp, brushing them with the remaining butter. Get ready for a flavour explosion.
Send us your photos and videos and we'll feature them on our social media platforms. We love to see what our customers have cooked and eaten :-)
Follow us on our social media platforms for promos, discounts and amazing cooking ideas: