A great Halal Steak recipe. The crispy little crust adds a new texture along with a succulent cheese and garlic flavour. It practically melts in your mouth.
What you need:
- 2 x 8oz halal steaks - halal ribeye, halal rump, or halal filet steak work best.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes (or 1/2 tsp fresh)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
How to make it:
- Place top oven rack about 4 or 5 inches from grill. Turn top grill on.
- Season steaks liberally with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the crust topping in a food processor and pulse until ingredients come together. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron (or oven safe) pan over medium high heat, add 1 tsp of olive oil to the pan and heat until it starts to smoke, swirl the oil around to coat skillet. Reduce heat to medium and place halal steaks in pan. Do not disturb the steaks for 1 minute. Flip steaks over and let sit for an additional minute. (Keep in mind that the steaks will continue cooking under the broiler, so sear the steaks to a little less than your desired doneness.)
- Remove pan from heat and smear a couple tablespoons of the parmesan mixture over the top of the steaks. Place under the grill for 2 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy immediately.
Follow us on our social media platforms for promos, discounts and amazing cooking ideas: