10 easy things to make with Halalnivore's Halal beef bacon
Think Halalnivore's tasty cured Halal Beef Bacon was only for breakfast? Think again :-)
Try out these quick and easy recipes that add beef bacon for extra flavour :-
10. Beef Bacon Guacamole Mash - 2 avocados with 1/2 cup each chopped tomato and cilantro, 1/4 cup each chopped onion and crumbled cooked bacon, 1/2 minced jalapeno, some lime juice and salt.
9. Cheesy Halal Beef Bacon Popcorn - Drizzle 4 cups hot popcorn with 1 tablespoon bacon drippings. Toss with 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon and 1/4 cup each grated Parmesan and cheddar.
8. Warm Halal Bacon Coleslaw - Cook 6 slices beef bacon on a hot frying pan; drain and crumble. Add 1/2 sliced red onion, 1/4 cup each cider vinegar and water, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds to the drippings. Toss with 6 cups shredded cabbage and the bacon.
7. Beef Bacon Quiche - Cook 2 packs of our halal beef bacon in hot skiller or frying pan. Cook 2 sliced leeks in 3 tablespoons of the drippings from the beef bacon. Spread the leeks, 2/3 cup shredded Gruyère cheese and the beef bacon in a prebaked 9-inch tart crust or pie crust. Whisk 2 whole eggs, 2 yolks, 1 cup cream, and salt and pepper; pour over the cheese. Bake at 190 degrees C for 25 minutes.
6. Steak and Beef Bacon Quesadillas - Crisp 2 slices of beef bacon on a hot frying pan and chop. Add this bacon to our full quesadillas recipe found here.
5. Spaghetti Carbonara - Boil 1 pound spaghetti; drain and reserve 1 cup pasta water. Meanwhile, cook 2 packs of beef bacon with 3 sliced garlic cloves in a tiny amount of olive oil. Whisk 2 eggs, 1 cup grated Parmesan, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 1/2 to 1 cup pasta water and some pepper; toss with the hot spaghetti and beef bacon.
4. Pasta Frittata - Beat 6 eggs with 1/4 cup milk. Stir in 4 cups leftover Spaghetti Carbonara (No. 6) and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Cook in an oiled nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until set, 8 minutes per side.
3. Beef Bacon Nuts - Beat 1 egg white until frothy; toss with 2 cups mixed nuts, 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 4 slices crumbled cooked beef bacon. Bake at 160 degrees C, 10 minutes.
2. Beef Bacon Fried Rice - Cook 2 packs of chopped beef bacon in a skillet. Add 1/2 cup chopped scallions and 4 cups cooked rice; stir-fry until hot. Add 3 beaten eggs and 1 teaspoon each sesame oil and grated ginger; stir-fry until the eggs are set.