Halal steak and cheese quesadillas for a quick lunchtime meal
Stuck for quick and easy lunch ideas? Throw on some Halalnivore sirloin steaks on the griddle pan and make these tasty cheesy quesadillas
- 4 pieces 8oz Halalnivore sirloin steaks
- Rock salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated Cheddar
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack
- 2 Ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- 2 cup salsa
- 8 flour tortillas
- Preheat grill and oven to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, pat the steaks dry and generously season with rock salt and pepper. For extra zing and flavour try using our Tex-Mex marinade on the steaks.
- In a small bowl mix together cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese. Set aside.
- Cut both avocados in half, remove pits and scoop out all halves from the skin using a large spoon; discard skin. Slice one avocado in to 1/4" slices. Drizzle with fresh lime juice and cover in plastic wrap. Set aside. Chop remaining avocado and mix with the salsa. Set aside.
- Add steak to the grill and cook 5/6 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Transfer steak to a plate and cover loosely with foil; let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices cut on a diagonal.
- Prepare 2 oven trays with parchment paper. Place tortillas in pan and add 1/2 cup of cheese mixture. Layer slices of avocado and steak on top of the cheese and cover with remaining cheese and place tortilla on top. Repeat for remaining quesadillas. Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with avocado salsa