An Italian take on halal steak
Our friends over at Delish have a delightfully easy way to make your steak Italian. Plus adding tomatoes and basil makes it just that much healthier also! :-)
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 3/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 4 Halalnivore's fillet or sirloin halal steak
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- kosher salt
- 4 slices mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey, olive oil and dried thyme.
- Pour over steak and let marinate for around 20 minutes.
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to high. Grill steak 5 minutes per side, then top with mozzarella and tomatoes and cover grill until cheese is melty, 2 minutes.
- Let Steak rest for another 2 minutes once taken off the grill.
- Add basil and serve.