Halal Teriyaki Beef Steak
What you need:
For the Teriyaki sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground garlic
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Pick which type of Halal steak you would like to use. Ideally it should be without bone and has a fat marbling, resulting in a juice tender steak. Your choices are Halal Ribeye, Sirloin or Rump.
- Remove the Halal steak from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking to ensure it as close to room temperature as possible, this will ensure it cooks it well inside out.
- Season both sides of the steak with sea salt and pepper. Be careful not to add too much salt as the teriyakis sauce will have soy sauce.
- Place a skillet on high heat and add 2 tbsp of oil. Place the Halal steak on the plan and cook for 1½ minute and flip and cook for 45 seconds. It will crust up on the side.
- Add ¼ cup or 60ml of the sauce into the pan. Be careful with the sauce it might splash. Cook for 45 seconds or cook until it reaches the desired consistency. Remember, cooking steak is all about the touch and feel. The softer it is the less cooked it is and the firming it is the more it's cooked.
- Flip the steak a few more times, basting the steak with the sauce.
- After the steak has been on the pan for 3 minutes in total, remove it and place it on the plate to rest
- While the steak is resting, lower the heat and let the sauce simmer until it reaches maple syrup consistency.
- Place the steak on a cutting board and slice the steak against the grain into stripes.
- Transfer the Halal steak on a plate and pour the rest of the teriyaki sauce.
- Serve with rice, noodles, vegetables, add to a stir-fry or just on it's own!
Serve and enjoy!
Follow us on our social media platforms for promos, discounts and amazing cooking ideas:
We deliver halal meat to your door, nationwide in the UK, EVERY Thursday!