What you need:
- 1/3 cup rice - Use Basmati or brown rice and cook it before the frying
- 2 x 8oz Halalnivore Halal Sirloin Steak
- 1 spring onion - chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - chopped into very small pieces
- 1 medium carrot - chopped
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper - thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Halalnivore Sambal Oelek paste (adjust for spiciness)
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 egg
How to make it:
- While you're cooking the rice, use 1/2 tbsp of the Sambal Oelek Paste and mix with some oil and light soy sauce.
- Rub it thinly over your halal sirloin steak and let it marinade for minimum 30 minutes.
- Heat a griddle on high heat until it's smoking and cook your steaks for about 4/5 minutes each side.
- Once the steaks are cooked, let them sit for around 5 minutes for them to settle and the juices to flow.
- Cut the halal steaks into small strips.
- Cook the rice as you would normally and let it cool down. You shouldn't use warm rice for this recipe.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a wok, add the white parts of the spring onion and garlic, saute for a few minutes, then add the carrots, bell pepper pieces and the remaining Sambal Oelek paste. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Add your steak strips and saute with the other ingredients for about 2/3 minutes.
- Break apart your cold rice with a fork and add it to the wok. Fry it for a few minutes over high heat and add your sauces. Stir well and fry for about 4-5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle it with the green parts of the spring onion and coriander
- In a clean pan, scramble and egg and mix it into the rice.
Send us your photos and videos and we'll feature them on our social media platforms. We love to see what our customers have cooked and eaten :-)
Follow us on our social media platforms for promos, discounts and amazing cooking ideas: