Oven cooked tender halal Lamb Shanks with roasted veggies and potatoes.
Cooking time - 1 hour
Preparation time - 20 minutes
Serves 5 people
Lamb Shanks Recipe
2 Medium Halalnivore Lamb Shanks
1 to 2 cups of yoghurt
2 tablespoons tandoori masala (paste)
I teaspoon ginger paste
1teaspoon garlic paste
A few mint leaves
1-2 tablespoons oil (optional)
- Trim the fat off the lamb shank and make shallow cuts on the shank so the marinade flavours really get into the meat.
- Mix yoghurt, garlic, ginger, tandoori paste and salt in a bowl. Add freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut and peel the kiwi and blend it with the mint leaves into a paste.
- Add this kiwi and mint paste into the yoghurt marinade.
- Cover the lamb shanks liberally with the marinade. For best flavour, marinade for at least 2 hours before cooking.
- Place in the oven on 175 (fan assisted) for an hour turning the lamb shanks half way through
4/6 big chestnut mushrooms
1 Red bell pepper
1 Green bell pepper
Handful of Broccoli
1 pack of asparagus
A few green beans.
- Wash mushrooms, red and yellow bell peppers, asparagus, broccoli, green beans.
- Cut into chunks, put on a baking tray. Add olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill for about 20-25 minutes
4 big potatoes
2-3tbs olive oil
1 Lemon juiced
1/2 tsp paprika
A dash of Italian herbs and spices (Basil, Tarragon and Oregano)
Freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste
- Wash the potatoes, cut into quarters and boil them for about 7 minutes.
- Put it in the baking plate and season it with all the spices, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Grill for 15 to 20 minutes till the potatoes are browned on the outside