Medjool date and citrus bbq halal steak sauce
The perfect sweet and tangy bbq sauce to accompany your gourmet halal steaks! Very easy to make at home, and sure to make steak night extra special.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 cup unsalted tomato puree
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 12 Medjool Dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. each salt and ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan set over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, purée mixture then simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Let cool, then cover and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
- Slather liberally all over your favourite halal gourmet steak from Halalnivore!
Remember to order by Tuesday 12pm, to get your gourmet meal delivered to your door, UK wide, on Thursday!