The perfect sweet and tangy bbq sauce to accompany your gourmet halal steaks! Very easy to make at home, and sure to make steak night extra special.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 cup unsalted tomato puree
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 12 Medjool Dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. each salt and ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan set over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, purée mixture then simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Let cool, then cover and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
- Slather liberally all over your favourite halal gourmet steak from Halalnivore!
Remember to order by Tuesday 12pm, to get your gourmet meal delivered to your door, UK wide, on Thursday!