Herb crusted halal lamb chops with broccoli and edamame beans
Our Halal Lamb Chops are tender and succulent, perfect for those Sunday family lunches. Try this quick and easy recipe with herby goodness and slow cooked to bring out the real flavour of the halal lamb.
What you need:
1 pack Halalnivore Lamb Chops
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
5 or 6 stems of rosemary
5 or 6 stems of thyme
4 cloves of garlic (peeled)
10 black peppercorns
4 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2kg new potatoes (skin on and cut in half)
250g Edamame beans
How to make it:
The Halal Lamb Chops -
- Remove the rosemary, thyme and mint leaves from the stems and put them in a blender with the garlic cloves, salt and black peppercorns.
- Add the olive oil to the blender and blend until it forms a paste.
- Take out the lamb chops and place them in an oven proof dish until they are room temperature. Pre-heat the oven to 120c.
- Rub the herb paste over the lamb chops liberally until they are completely covered. If it looks a bit dry add some olive oil to the past before applying to the meat.
- Cook in oven at 120c for about 15 mins until the meat starts browning slightly.
- Take the chops out of the oven and heat up a frying pan until it is smoking hot.
- Take each individual chop and sear on the frying pan, approximately 1/2 minutes on each side.
The Potatoes -
- Cut the potatoes in half and boil for around 5 minutes until a knife is able to cut through them quite easily.
- Take out an oven proof dish and lay the boiled potatoes on it. Sprinkle the potatoes with some of Halalnivore’s Himalayan Pink salt with garlic and rosemary.
- Heat up some oil in a pan till it is very hot and pour over the potatoes.
- Roast in oven at 200c for 20 mins until the potatoes skin starts browning.
The Broccoli and Edamame -
- Cut some tender stem broccoli in half and put in a bowl. Cover it with water and put the in microwave for around 1.5 minutes.
- Peel the edamame beans and put the beans in a bowl. Cover it with water and put in the microwave for around 1.5 minutes.
- Drain both the broccoli and edamame beans and sprinkle with coarse salt and crushed black pepper.
- Put a tiny amount of oil in a frying pan and wait till it is hot. Stir fry the broccoli and edamame beans for around 5 minutes.
Serve with some fresh greek yoghurt with chopped cucumbers and mint leaves.
We deliver fresh halal steaks, lamb and burgers straight to your door every Thursday, nationwide in the UK. Check out our fabulous halal meat selection