Healthy and Halal Steak Salad With Avocado and Onion
Who says you can only have steak with chips? If you're looking for a healthier option try this steak salad recipe. It's simple and easy with sirloin steak goodness for a wholesome mid-week or weekend lunch. Easy to prepare and can be ready in about 30 minutes tops. You can also make it in bulk as a side salad!
- 2 x 8oz Sirloin Steak
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- crumbled feta
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- rock salt
- Marinate the steak in soy sauce for 30 minutes.
- Cook the steak in 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes, then slice into strips against the grain.
- Toss the steak with the romaine lettuce, cilantro, feta, onion, avocado, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, and lime juice; season with ½ teaspoon rock salt.
Check out the whole gourmet halal range from Halalnivore, delivered fresh to your door every Thursday. Nationwide!