Easy Philly Cheese Halal Steak Sandwich Recipe
This easy weeknight dinner idea using Halalnivore's Halal Sirloin Steak is quick and full of flavour in every bite!
2 large sub rolls
2 x 8oz Halalnivore Sirloin Steak cut thinly into ribbons
1 white onion (thinly sliced)
1 green pepper (thinly sliced)
2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
200g mature cheddar cheese (thinly sliced)
Few tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
- Heat a griddle or a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, cover bottom with olive oil.
- Add the onions and pepper and cook, stirring, until carmelised, which will take about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Then, push the mixture off to one side of the griddle add the sliced steak to the hot part of the griddle.
- Cook the ribbons of steak until they aren’t pink anymore, which should take about 2 minutes.
- Mix the meat and the carmelised onions and peppers together.
- Divide into 2 portions, and top both portions with the cheddar cheese to melt.
- Slice the sub rolls lengthwise to open for the 2 sandwiches.
- When the cheese is melted, place the mixture on to the open sandwich and sauces and spring onions to garnish.
Check out the Halalnivore Gourmet Meat Boxes (delivered every Thursday) and order yours today!