Halal Mongolian Glazed Steak with Broccoli
We can't get enough of the sweet and crunchy outer crust on this juicy halal steak. This recipe when used with our gourmet halal meat, is sure to excite any discerning tastebuds.
Try it at home today and share your creation with us on email@example.com.
- 4 (8-oz.) Halalnivore sirloin steaks
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- Rock salt
- Preheat your griddle pan till it’s smoking hot!
- Meanwhile in a flat tray or dish place steak; pat dry thoroughly with a paper towel and add 1 tablespoon soy sauce over each steak. Massage into steak on all sides. Season with black pepper. Transfer steaks onto a clean tray or dish in a single layer. Sprinkle steaks evenly with cornstarch on both sides. Shake off any excess. Brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- In a small bowl mix together 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, and ketchup. Set aside.
- Place steak on hot griddle pan; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Brush glaze on both sides of steak and cook 1 more minute on each side until glaze is caramelized. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to boil; season with salt. Add broccoli and cook until just tender, 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Plate steak with broccoli and drizzle the extra sauce over it; serve immediately.
Get your own gourmet halal steaks delivered to your door every Thursday. Check out Halalnivore's selection of juicy gourmet halal steak cuts.