Easy 20 Minute Butter Chicken - Halal
Washing and marinating halal chicken can be annoying, so we've put that hassle aside and offer you a quick and easy option, our Halal tandoori marinate for your 20-minute Halal butter chicken! This easy 20 Minute Halal butter chicken sounds amazing when you are craving some nice spicy flavourful easy butter chicken.
The spicy creaminess with the tandoori infused Halal chicken will leave you licking your fingers! It is easy, efficient and tastes amazing, so what are you waiting for, get cooking.
- 1 Tray Halal chicken Tandoori marinade
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely minced or grated
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely minced or crushed
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste or 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder or paprika, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds or powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream or yoghurt for low fat
- Hot cooked rice and naan for serving
How to make the Halal butter chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pierce the film of the tandoori Halal chicken marinade and place it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the Halal marinated chicken is being prepared in the oven, heat a large skillet or medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, butter, and onions and cook onions down until lightly golden, about 3-4 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and let cook for 30 seconds, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- When the Halal marinated chicken is ready, remove it from the packaging and put it on an oven tray and grill for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, tomato paste, and spices. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve over Basmati rice or with naan.
Serve and enjoy!
Follow us on our social media platforms for promos, discounts and amazing cooking ideas: