Gourmet burger with mushroom peppercorn sauce
Gourmet burgers are all the rage these days, so we decided to give them a go here at Halalnivore HQ.
Using our juicy 6oz halal Angus beef burger, we cooked it medium and topped with onion and chive cheese, and Mushroom peppercorn sauce in a brioche bun!
Here's how you can make this at home:
- We recommend using a griddle pan, and getting it smoking hot.
- Place the burger on the pan and let it sit for about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn it over and sear the other side for another 1 1/2 minutes.
- Turn down the heat to about half and flip the burger over - cook for about 5 mins. Turn over and cook the other side for about 5 mins.
- Top with Onion and Chive cheese and let it sit for about 2 minutes or until the cheese starts melting.
- Take it off the pan and let sit for about 3 minutes before serving.
Sweet Potato Fries:
- Peel and chop around 2 small sweet potatoes and cut to rectangles about 1/2 inch wide
- Add some olive oil to lightly coat the sweet potato fries so they are glistening all over. Don't use too much or they'll come out soggy!
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 175 degrees on fan assisted ovens.
- Once done take them out and lightly sprinkle with rosemary salt.
- Serve 'Jenga' Style on a plate byt stacking them up in opposite directions!
Mushroom peppercorn sauce:
- Cut about 100g baby chestnut mushrooms into quarters.
- Put some olive oil in a pan and heat, then crush a generous amount of black peppercorns and let them sizzle in the oil.
- Saute the mushrooms and add some dark soy sauce.
- When the mushrooms have shrunk to about half the size, add about 100ml of single cream and turn down the heat. Don't let the cream boil!
- Add some more crushed peppercorns and keep stirring till the sauce has thickened.
Slightly toast your brioche buns and place your burger on it and drizzle with the mushroom sauce.
Dig in quickly...you've just made an awesome halal gourmet burger!