A homemade cucumber yogurt sauce complements tender slices of halal steak in this recipe. Perfect for finger food before the Eid festivities.
What you need:
- 4 cups greek yogurt
- 4 x Halalnivore Halal Fillet Steak 7oz
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 French bread baguette, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup fresh rockets
- Sliced tomatoes, optional
How to make it:
- Rub the halal fillet steak with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook the halal steak over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 180° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes and cover.
- Put the greek yoghurt in a bowl and add the cucumber, onion, garlic and remaining salt and white pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and remaining oil; stir into yogurt mixture.
- Thinly slice the fillet steak in small medallions.
- Spread yogurt mixture over bread slices; top with beef, rockets and tomato slices if desired.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving.