Breakfast Potato and Halal Beef Bacon Volcanoes
Make halal breakfast great again!
Watch the video above and if you need some notes on how to make it...here they are:
What you need (for 6 servings)
- 3 russet potatoes
- 6 strips halal beef bacon from Halalnivore
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chive, chopped
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- On a cutting board, peel potatoes then cut each in half widthwise.
- Using a melon ball scooper or a metal teaspoon hollow out the potato starting from the cut side, once you have most of the potato hollowed out from that side create a smaller hole on the rounded side and continue hollowing until you can see through the potato.
- Place potatoes in water to avoid discoloration while you finish hollowing out the rest.
- Place potatoes with the smaller hole facing up on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Wrap one piece of halal beef bacon and each potato, tucking in the end of the halal bacon so it stays in place. You might need to use a toothpick to hold the bacon in place.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until bacon reaches desired crispiness.
- Allow potatoes to cool slightly then press cheddar cheese into the bottom of the potato.
- Crack an egg over the top hole of the potato being careful not to let too much of the egg white pour over the side.
- Sprinkle chives over the egg.
- Bake for 6 to 12 minutes depending on how well done you would like your eggs.
- Let cool before serving.
We deliver fresh halal steaks, lamb and burgers straight to your door every Thursday, nationwide in the UK. Check out our fabulous halal meat selection